Analog-To-Wireless Converter for All-IP Transition
WireX is a flexible and cost-effective network gateway allowing IoT equipment with built-in analog modems to connect to the cellular packet data or circuit-switched data networks.
Thousands of expensive landlines used for connecting legacy devices can be immediately replaced by cost-competitive cellular SIM cards, thus decreasing the overall telecommunication budget without any effort and, at the same time, offering worldwide mobility to end-users.
Acting as a plug-and-play converter, the WireX does not require any changes to the host/connected device: simply unplug the phone jack from the wall socket and plug it into the WireX traditional RJ11 socket. The data previously transferred over the modem link is automatically transmitted over IP on the 3G/4G cellular networks.
The WireX is the easiest way to convert analog equipment from traditional phone lines to cellular 3G/4G networks. The existing phone network cable is connected directly to the WireX that extracts the payload data from the modem flow.
Once equipment have been cellular-enabled by the WireX, banks of analog modems on the central server can be replaced by a high bandwidth Internet link. In this case, the virtual COM port redirector can emulate the removed modems to avoid software upgrade on the central server.
As an external network accessory this network converter allows approved medical devices to migrate from wired to cellular connectivity with a very low regulatory impact.
Plug & Play
- RJ11 POTS / FXS interface
- Dimensions: 4.7 x 4 x 1.4" / 120 x 103 x 36mm (W x D x H)
- Operating Environment: 32 to 104°F / 0 to +40°C
- Internal Antenna
- Jack power connector (12V)
- LEDs indicating cellular signal strength / operating status
- Wall mounting option
- ISP: IP frames from the device are directly transferred through cellular networks after call setup
- Transparent: raw data from the device are encapsulated in TCP frames through cellular networks after call setup
- Voice Gateway: voice calls are performed over cellular networks instead of PSTN
- Standard Network Termination Emulation (POTS)
- V.21, V.22, V.22bis, V.23, V.32, V.32bis, V.34 analog modem support, V.42 error correction and V.42bis compression protocol
- Voice communications
- RFC-compliant TCP client and server
- Automatic cellular attachment
- Cellular Bands (North-America): Quad-Band LTE 2/4/5/12 (700, 850, 1700/2100 (AWS), 1900 MHz) ; Tri-Band UMTS 2/4/5 (WCDMA/FDD 850, 1700/2100 (AWS), 1900 MHz)
- Cellular Bands (Europe): Penta-Band LTE 1/3/8/20/28 (700, 800, 900, 1800, 2100 MHz) ; Dual-Band HSPA+ 900, 2100 MHz ; Dual-Band GSM/GPRS/EDGE 900, 1800 MHz ; Multislot GPRS/EDGE Class 12