Analog-To-Wireless Converter for All-IP Transition
WireX is a flexible and cost-effective solution allowing IoT equipment with built-in analog modems to connect to the cellular packet data or circuit-switched data networks.
Thousands of expensive landlines used for connecting legacy devices can be immediately replaced by cost-competitive cellular SIM cards, thus decreasing the overall telecommunication budget without any effort and, at the same time, offering worldwide mobility to end-users.
Acting as a plug-and-play converter, the WireX does not require any changes to the host/connected device: simply unplug the phone jack from the wall socket and plug it into the WireX traditional dial-up PSTN network Emulation Input socket. The data previously transferred over the modem link is automatically transmitted over IP frames on the 2G/3G cellular network.
The WireX is the easiest way to switch legacy equipment from traditional phone landlines to 2G/3G cellular. The existing phone network cable is connected directly to the WireX that extracts the payload data from the modem flow.
Once equipment have been cellular-enabled by the WireX, banks of analog modems on the central server can be replaced by a high bandwidth Internet link. In this case, the virtual COM port redirector can emulate the removed modems to avoid software upgrade on the central server.
As an external network accessory this network converter allows approved medical devices to migrate from wired to cellular connectivity with a very low regulatory impact.
Plug & Play
- Dual-Band 3G support (US/EU/JP versions)
- Class12 GSM / GPRS Quad-Band Modem
- RJ11 POTS / FXS interface
- Dimensions 120(W) x 103(D) x 36(H) mm
- Operating Environment: 0 to + 45°C
- Internal Antenna & SIM card holder
- Power Supply 12V
- Optional Internal Li-Ion Battery
- LEDs indicating Cellular Signal Strength
- Wall mounting casing
- Standard Network Termination Emulation (POTS)
- V21, V22, V22bis, V23, V32, V32bis and V34 modem support
- RFC-compliant TCP client and server
- Embedded Web Server
- Dynamic DNS client
- Remote control over cellular and FXS Interface
- Automatic cellular attachment
- Network Carrier Remote Selection
- ISP: IP frames from the device are directly transferred through 2G/3G after call setup
- Transparent: raw data from the device are encapsulated in TCP frames through 2G/3G after call setup
- GSM Gateway: analog calls from the device trigger GSM calls